2.06.2009

Dear readers,

Some of the most interesting questions in the universe can be answered simply by looking deep inside yourself. I'm certain that you know the answers, you've just been too busy to extract them from the complexity of your life experiences.

It seems rather cliche to say that "your experiences define you". But in my experience it is absolutely true. Your observations shape your personal theories and ideas about the nature of the universe, even so far as to influence your future decisions... would you disagree?

One of the things that I find really interesting about our species is the fact that many of us are willing to accept things on "faith". What does that even mean? That we're supposed to believe something irrational? Something that goes against our experiences?

To me that's just crazy.... Don't get me wrong, there is definitely a place for feelings, but I think they're most valuable when tempered with conscious thought. I'd rather accept tangible evidence that I can see with my own eyes. I'd rather make a mess and figure out how the universe works by taking it apart.

Maybe you're like me. Are you the type of person who loves to think and ponder? Maybe you're too busy. Maybe you'd rather take things on faith...

While I don't know who you are, and I don't necessarily share any common experiences with you, I know that you are like me. You have life experiences, and you have made your own decisions. You have experienced what it is to be human, and you have made your own path in the world. But its not enough to live life... try to learn something from it too.

No comments: